Here are the first steps you should take in the unfortunate event of an accident. If you need further help, remember that we are just.
- Stop immediately and give assistance to any injured person
- Call for an ambulance if one is required PHONE: 000
- Call the police if:
- a person has been killed or injured
- the other party fails to stop and/or supply their details
- a vehicle has to be towed
- a driver appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Any crash with damage estimated to be more than $1000 (collectively) MUST be reported to the Police ASAP and with exceptional circumstances within 24 hours. You can report a collision online with the police here.
- Exchange details with others involved, including:
- date, time and location
- name and contact details of owners and drivers
- license and registration details
- make and model of cars
- insurance policy details
- Collect names and details of any witnesses as well as police officers
- If your vehicle needs to be towed to our workshop, a tow truck can be dispatched by the Government Registered Towing Roster (call them on 0882315555). It is your right to have your vehicle towed to a repairer of your choice.
- Give Fred Vella Crash Repairs a call for a quotation and for help with insurance claims